Friday, September 3, 2010

Aloha from the Big Island





This may shock you, but Mom and Dad sometimes experience something they call "stress" -- I guess it's like how you feel when your Snuggle Puppy and your passy are both missing for more than 5 seconds. Anyway, they came up with a plan to deal with it. We flew in (yet another) airplane to this big Island they call "The Big Island", and went to a place called the Mauna Lani, were Mom and Dad claim to have gotten married. All we've been doing is playing on the beach (video), swimming in the ocean, lounging by various pools, and eating yummy food. If this is what happens when Mom and Dad have stress, I say, "Bring on the stress!" Keegan and I are having a blast. He tends to eat sand, though. I'm more of a pineapple-cocnut smoothie man myself. I've gotten very brave, and I can go in the deep water with Daddy to play "the dipping game," or jump off the wall into Mommy's arms saying "Humpty Dumpty!" We got to see lots of fish, some sharks, and even some green sea turtles that we got to touch (very gently, under the watchful eyes of their caretakers. Darn, I wanted to ride one.)

One night this great woman named Bonnie came over with a whole suitcase full of toys, and Keegie and I got to play with her while Mom and Dad went off to do some boring grown-up stuff like eat dinner at Merriman's ( which they said was fabulous). Bonnie liked us so much, she came back another day to play with us while Mom and Dad went diving to look at giant manta rays under the water. Didn't they SEE that suitcase full of toys???

So we leave tomorrow, but I hope we get to come back to this place. It's been terrific for me and Keegan, and Mom and Dad don't seem to have any of that stress stuff left. I think they left it with the manta rays.

No comments: